Thursday, March 4, 2010

February Recap



Oh how I wish I could keep up with this blogging thing (mainly because it's nice to have everything written out so I can refer back to it later if necessary), but I just can't seem to find the time. I "go go go" all day long until I just can't do it anymore (aka I fall asleep as soon as I sit down! LOL). I'm completely exhausted, but honestly .. I wouldn't change a thing about our life. As tired & drained as I am, I'm loving every minute. We are truely blessed.



So while I have a few spare minutes, here's a quick recap of February.....

Xavier (12 years old): nothing much new with him, besides the fact that he slammed his thumb in the door of the car so it's quite nasty looking at the moment & looks like he's got a ways to go as far as it getting better. OUCH!! Book club, school dances, birthday parties, that's about it.



Mia (5 years old): lost her 1st baby tooth. She was SO excited, she's been waiting for so long for that to finally happen. She was also thrilled to find that the tooth fairy had left her $10. Mia is going to need to have a CT scan done & most likely major surgery. We took her to the ENT (she had an ear infection from Nov. - Jan, it just would not go away) & were shocked to find that she has a hole in her eardrum & skin is now growing in & around it. That will need to be repaired before it gets worse & affects her hearing. According to the ENT, the surgery is 3-4 hours long, very involved including the need for a skin graft & even once it's done there is a 30% change that it will come back. I thought in the worst case she might need to have tubes placed again (she had them put in at 1 year old), but wow, was I ever wrong.



AJ (2 years old): has learned to dress & undress himself. He practices often. He'll be doing something & just suddenly decide to strip down to his diaper. It was really lovely when he did just that while Sadie's PT was here! haha He's still very much obsessed with Disney Cars, I don't see that changing anytime soon.




Sadie (2 months old): is growing, growing, GROWING!! She's doing great. She's still on the oxygen (1/8 liter at 100%). We've met with the pulmonologist & she also had a sleep study done so *maybe* she'll be coming off the oxygen soon. Only time will tell (the results of the sleep study take several weeks to get back). She had an appt. with an Opthomologist & other than being very slightly near-sighted, her eyes are great. Sadie weighed 8lbs 9oz at her 2 months checkup on 2/25. Speech therapy & physical therapy are both going great. Lots of appointments & we're very busy, but she is so very worth it.





Our family: we used our tax refund & {finally} purchased the minivan that we so desperately needed. It's a '96 Ford Windstar with 86k miles on it & absolutely nothing wrong with it (we had it checked out bumper-to-bumper @ Firestone before we bought it). It took a little getting used to, but I love it!


No comments: