

I think it goes without saying .. I've been a bit busy. ;)
So starting from right now, I'm going to *try* to be better at this blogging thing. Easier said than done, so no promises, but we shall see.
Anyways ... Sadie came home on January 11th, 2010 & we've been enjoying every minute, making up for lost time with her. Busy? Yes! Sleep-deprived? Definitely! But she's worth it, we are SO blessed to have added her to our family.
She is on a bit of oxygen (an 1/8 of a liter) & an apnea monitor .. but beyond that she has no issues. She's doing GREAT!! There's no real medical reason they can find as to why she needs the oxygen, so they think it's most likely due to low muscle tone. The issues that she was "suppossed" to have (all the stress, all the worrying), she doesn't. We are absolutely grateful for that.
At last check (2/4/10 - took her in for her Synagis injection) she weighed 7lbs 12oz! Growing, growing!!
Sadie had her 1st PT session this morning, that went well. Doesn't really consist of much just yet, since she's still so young/tiny.
We also met with the pulmonologist this morning & I am very pleased with how that appt. went. We are going to proceed with doing a sleep study, to see if Sadie is ready yet to go without the oxygen. Although the male nurse was ignorant (made a comment that he's "so very, very sorry" that Sadie has Down's Syndrome -- but to us it is NOT a bad thing at all), the Dr. is excellent & very informative. He told us several things that we were not already aware of, which is great for me .. I'm all about research & being prepared.
I think that about covers it .. ya know, in a nutshell! =)

3 comments:
Thanks for the update.. I come to your site every day a couple times just so that I remember to pray for you and your family... It's good to hear you are doing well... She's beautiful! (Just do you know, I think I came from MckMama's blog when you were pregnant..) I work with disabled adult because I was surrounded by children with disabilities as a child... they are so precious and have taught me more about life than anyone else...
HI Stephanie, I didn't know you had a blog...I'm so happy to find it! Yes, Reese has always been foot sensitive. She still doesn't like her feet to be touched, however has gotten much better than when we first adopted her. Sadie is so cute!
Thanks, Nicole!
Thanks McKenna! Good to know, hopefully we'll get this sensitivity under control asap with Sadie.
I definitely don't keep up with the blog as much as I intend to, it's so much easier to just pop on Facebook! ;)
Post a Comment