I guess I neglected to post this here. Not suprised though, lately I don't know if I'm coming or going...
Here's the update from 10/21/09:
For the most part, everything went pretty good at today's appt.
The fluid on Sadie's heart has increased (to 5mm). That news is discouraging, but they said there is still a very good chance that she will still be born perfectly healthy, especially since she does not have fluid anywhere else. Where the fluid is concerned, both specialists have pretty much changed their attitude towards it (leaning towards it being "ok" when before this it was a pretty grim indicator of what's to come), which has everything to do with a recent medical journal article on it.
Still undecided fully on whether or not she has a VSD (hole in heart). They are leaning towards it being there, but if it is, it's extremely tiny (1.5mm). So with that being the case, it could close before birth or shortly after, with no further issues.
Sadie weighs 2lbs 11oz & is one very actice little girl. Apparently she's already bored though, at first she was covering her face with both hands, then she moved on & decided she'd rather suck on her toe! lol
She is currently breech, but they said not to worry about that just yet, there's still time. Not too thrilled about that though. AJ was breech & I had to do all those lovely exercises to get him to turn. Here's hoping Sadie turns on her own, soon!!
Maybe it's just a coincidence, but the Dr.'s seem to be more positive/encouraging when my husband goes along with me. Something that pisses me off, but also something to keep in mind. With so many appointments it's been getting very difficult to coordinate them with his work schedule, babysitter for AJ (children are not even allowed in the waiting room at the specialist's office), etc.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment