Saturday, October 10, 2009

Another update...

I thought the worries about her heart were over, but I guess I was wrong.

Here's the update from yesterday (copied from what I posted on FB - sorry, I'm lazy).

Really wish there were more definite answers. Saw the other specialist today & he said he's pretty sure it is fluid on Sadie's heart. He's still not absolutely sure, but said either way there's nothing they can do. I go back next week to check on it. He also seems to think she has a small hole in her heart, but again, not sure and again nothing they could do about it anyways. And if that wasn't enough, now at my appts. the hot topic seems to be the "increased risk of stillbirth" due to the DS (which is even higher with these possible heart issues). Problem with that is, there's just no way of knowing what exactly causes that & how to prevent it. Sure they could deliver me early, but that doesn't come without risk either. Great, like I needed even more things to worry about.

I'll write more later ... if I can manage to find sometime.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Oh, honey. My heart goes out to you. I have no idea how or where I found your blog, but I'm praying for a healthy baby.